Thank you for visiting Bikes Built Better’s Tech Discussion Forum

Do Not Post Here For Support

Use Contact Form For Fast Customer Support

Forum Registration has been disabled due to spamming the board. Previously registered users have been saved and information is safe and secure. We left the forums open to browse but have deleted many of the posts that had been compromised. We will post new tech information here in the future but if you have a question or need service please use our
Contact Form Located Here.

2008 FLTR TRUE DUAL EXHAUST W/ OXYGEN SENSOR PORT

To ask a question or post a topic for Touring
Start a New Topic Here
webuser

2008 FLTR TRUE DUAL EXHAUST W/ OXYGEN SENSOR PORT

Post by webuser »

Comments: hey i was wanting something with a lil more roar on my 08 FLTR I have screaming pipes on there now and was told this would be my best bet. I am deployed in the army to Iraq at the moment so I will only be able to recive emails thank you for ur time
Product: TRUE DUAL EXHAUST W/ OXYGEN SENSOR PORT
Manufacturer: Rinehart Racing
Model Description: True Dual exhaust system ...
Part Number: 1800-04341
Steffridesabuell
Site Admin

Re: 2008 FLTR TRUE DUAL EXHAUST W/ OXYGEN SENSOR PORT

Post by Steffridesabuell »

the MSRP on the Rinehart pipes is $984.95, and we give a military discount of 10% which would being you down to $886.46. Shipping to addresses in the US is free.

If I may be so bold, unless you're really sold on the looks of the Rinehart True Duals, the new BUB 7 True Duals are a much better deal. They're made by the same company, they sound very similar (great, deep tone) and they're supposed to make a bit more power than the Rineharts. And they only list for $869.95. With your discount they'd be $782.95...more than a hundred dollars cheaper than the Rineharts. Just something for you to think about...

No matter what you decide to put on the bike, we'd also strongly recommend installing a Power Commander to re-map your EFI. Many dealers tell people that they don't need to alter anything on their EFI when they install lower-restriction pipes or mufflers, but the "inconvenient truth" is that stock Harleys are so lean that I've actually known one guy who had to have his totally stock engine rebuilt after less than one season on the road. What happened? The bike was so lean (they all are) that after a trip out West it was discovered that the exhaust valves were burnt. Toast. No power. Since the bike was completely stock it was all covered under warranty. However if you install low-restriction mufflers and DON'T re-map the fuel injection, and then have a problem with the engine, I don't think there's a Harley dealer on Earth that will stand up and honor the factory warranty.

So we strongly recommend that EVERYBODY install a Power Commander on their fuel-injected H-Ds. Even if they still have the stock pipes, a Power Commander will make the bike run smoother and as mich as 400 degrees cooler at the exhaust ports. And it's cheap insurance for the engine. A Power Commander would run you $341.95 with your discount, and that includes the map for your setup.